I've just written about our Spring plantings and latest homestead adventures on MOTHER EARTH NEWS. See the link to the full article at the bottom of this page.
Here is my Buckwheat Banana (Gluten-Free) Muffin Recipe for anyone with severe allergies, as it is diary-free gluten-free, nut-free and oat-free. And still tasty! Enjoy.
Buckwheat Banana Muffins
1 cup buckwheat flour 3 tbsp arrowroot starch 1 tbsp chia seeds 3 tbsp Water 1 ½ tsp cinnamon ¼ tsp sea salt 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil, melted 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ¼ cup) ¼ cup water or non-dairy milk 1 tsp baking soda 1 tbsp apple-cider vinegar 1-2 tbsp honey ½ cup raisins or chocolate chips or chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Mix together chia seeds and water and let stand for 5-10 minutes until it gels. Or use 1 pastured egg as a substitute.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Then add remaining ingredients (bananas mashed, chia seed mix, non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, honey, and coconut oil) and mix thoroughly.
3. Add raisins/chocolate chips/nuts or any other favorite ingredient (such as coconut flakes, dried cherries, dried cranberries, chopped ginger candies, blueberries, etc.)
4. Grease cast-iron muffin pan or if using a normal muffin pan, put muffin paper cups inside.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan, only filling ¾ of the way full.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, but check frequently after 12 minutes to account for elevation differences.
Let cool and enjoy!
Have you joined my newsletter yet?
Newsletter subscribers get 10% off all of my books until June 1, so sign up today.
Also, for a limited time I am offering a free sample of my upcoming book The 60-Day Food & Life Journal. It has been called a "whole body journal encompassing mind, body, and health" by readers. It includes daily checklists, weekly planning pages for meals and also for meditating/yoga/exercise. And Goals and Reflections pages for a connection to your deeper purpose in life. I really want your feedback about it, so sign up for my monthly-ish newsletter and complete a survey about the sample!
Your suggestions will help me to tailor my book and future writing to your needs!